Friday, June 15, 2007

A Phone Call from the Past

Well surprise surprise! I got a phone call this evening; at about 9.30pm. It was from a guy I used to know. I haven't seen or spoken to this guy in at least two years. We were pretty good friends and then - because he couldn't deal with the weirdness of me - he distanced himself from me and I've heard nothing since. So you can understand my surprise when he called. I didn't even recognise the number!
Anyway he called to 'say goodbye'. At first I thought he meant he was going to die (over reaction i know but he was pretty depressed when I knew him) but it turns out that he is moving to another country permanently and will only return if the girl he loves tells him to.
I was like 'umm okay... have a great time'. It was so strange! Anyway, we talked for about 3 minutes and then it was over. My blast from the past lasted 3 minutes. *chuckles*
It was bizarre and completely out of the blue but caused me some amusement and reflection on what happened way-back-then.

3 comments:

The_Divine_Miss_L said...

Uhhh Zoe---are you the girl he loves?!?!

Because if so, he might have been hoping that you'd say something apart from goodbye. Like:

'Oh god, why have I never realised it before---I am totally head over heels in love with you. I can't stand the thought of being without you. Take me, take me now you wild stallion, right here over the phone. And then come and whisk me away to the countryside where we shall get married and live together in a quaint but cosy cottage raising our 10 beautiful children and tending to our hearty corn crop...'

Yeah, he might have expected you to say something like that.

Aah well, I guess he missed his chance if this was the case. Sounds like he might have been too subtle for his own good. :P

M
xoxo

Little Ms Z said...

chuckle. i very much doubt that was the case, my love. he's never been interested in me and he's a total wanker (also racist and sexist etc)he stopped hanging round me coz i threw popcorn at him in the cinema. whats a good outing with friends with no popcorn throwing???
Z xox

Princess Leah said...

Fist of all: Maya! I would thank you very much if you did not try and incite my baby sister into making crazy wild stallion love with some depressive wanker boy over the phone and then raising his 10 children in a run down medieval hut somewhere in the country where no one can hear her scream! Really, i thought better of you.
Zoe, darling, baby girl: I think i know which boy you're talking about and i must say you handled it very well, and just as i would expect you wouuld, you grown up mature thing you. That and good riddance to the ratbag. Also i heartly encourage wild stallion sex, over the phone or otherwise and anything that may follow, just let it be with someone who's worth it - and you know the type i mean ;) we've had that conversation several times.
Kisses, L.